The last 5 and a half months have been so incredible and wonderful and I am already planning and praying for my return.
I was scheduled to leave on Oct 29th, Kathy on the 24th, but plans change, often.
There is a presidential election taking place on Oct 28th, and the US Embassy has warned travelers to be avoid the country due to the potential safety risk. There have been multiple reports of violence etc. especially in Safala province, which is where Dondo is located.
We have not seen any violence but we have seen many political rallies and large crowds of people.
Then there is the issue of our visas. They are due to be extended on the 19th and this process took 3+ weeks the last time.
Not to mention that the last team scheduled to come in October has cancelled. So we made the decision to leave early as long as we could get a flight out. ( There were exactly 2 seat open on the 19th) just exactly what we needed on the exact day we needed it. Praise God!
So today as I went to the market and talked with my girls I was suddenly aware of how heartbroken I was feeling. I really don't want to leave at all.
Kathy and I agreed, we'd love to jump on a plane, go home and love on our children and grandchildren.....and then jump on a plane and return to Mozambique!
I wonder if we could raise sufficient support to fly back and forth every 4 months for a visit? :)
So we pray that we can finish strong. Finish well. Following the Lord's will each step of the way. Most importantly, we pray that we would leave every person stronger and happier for having known us.