Mar 10, 2009

Answers to the test

I was tested the other day and I failed.... miserably! 
During the course of a conversation, as the subject matter started to shift I suspected that God was telling me to 'change the subject', 'stop the conversation'.

It was a test. I could say I wasn't absolutely sure of the answer, but that really wouldn't be the truth.
God was nudging me the whole time. There was no question. It was a test! He even gave me the right answer, and still I failed. 
Instead I chose to be drawn into the conversation, to make matters worse I even added my two cents along the way.
On the way home, the Lord convicted me.  I knew deep in my soul that He was trying to show me how I had broken His heart by my words and behavior.

How could I have ignored Him, when He spoke directly to me?

I pray each day that He will cleanse me of any thoughts or feelings that are not totally pleasing to Him. 
I pray that He will fill me with only what is right and just and loving and kind.
How could I have acted like that, and hurt my Lord?

I confessed to Him and asked for His forgiveness, and I trust that He has already forgiven me.

I also trust that there will be another test, probably sooner rather than later.
I pray that the next time I am tested, I immediately look to my Lord for the answer. 

He will be there.
Ready with the perfect answer.
Please Lord help each of us to chose the right answer the next time.

Ephesians 4: 29-31  Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you.



1 comment:

-C A I T L Y N said...

it was great to see you tonight! And I am glad to see I can comment on your blog! I love reading it!

Luv You~Caitlyn