Jul 23, 2009

Deus Sabe....God knows

Once again I find myself in a position of humbly seeking God's wisdom.  

Most every day here in Mozambique is spent giving someone something. Whether it's our time and prayers or a ride, or money, or food, or clothes it's always something.

My role here this year is to 'assist', to 'help as needed'. I love what God has me doing here, yet at the same time I have struggled with thoughts of self.  Of being 'second' so to speak, will anyone know that I too was part of that gift of food, or money? Will I get any recognition?  Will my works be appreciated?  Will anyone even know? Will they like me as much as they seem to like those who actually give the gift? 

Today God allowed me to understand what really matters, HIM. 
He knows, He sees, He understands my heart and my motivation, that's all that really matters, Him!
Do I want people to love me, or do I want them to see and love God because of our deeds and actions?

So as I sit here watching another perfect sunset over the village of Dondo, I am thanking God for His many provisions and praising Him for always hearing our prayers no matter how big or small.
Thank you Jesus for knowing me and loving me in spite of my faults.


1 comment:

Sean said...

great post mom -- thanks for lunch today! :)