Jul 9, 2009

God's Plan

It's good to make plans, take certain precautions and follow sound advise. Yet when it all comes down to it, God's plan is what will be.

As I sit here recovering from my bout with malaria, I think about the plans I had, the precautions I took, the advise I followed and still I got malaria.
I take Malarone daily ( an anti-malarial medication taken daily to lessen the symptoms and risk of acquiring malaria) 
I used my DEET faithfully morning and night since I arrived and I sleep under my mosquito net.

So, according to my plan, I should not have contracted malaria. I had things to do, I had my plans....

I am told I could have died, I received the medication I needed and people literally all over the world were praying for my recovery. All part of God's plan.

I am so grateful that God is in charge of my life and holds everything firmly in His hands.
I need to continue to be still and hear what He is trying to tell me through all of this.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in  Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

val, good to see you on again but sorry to hear of your malaria, I know the feeling tho as I had a lot of "plans" to when I returned from Az. but my health issures are not solved and energy level is low and some days it seems frustrating not knowing the cause but then I know as you do God has his plans for each of us. He just asks us to be faithful no matter the state we are in. praying for you and know you have great responsibility there far different from the good "ole" USA!! RIGHT? God bless Marie

Anonymous said...

Val, So very glad to hear you are on the mend. There is an old Yiddish proverb - "Man plans, God laughs." Such a truism.

Please take care and stay safe.

Tom