Apr 16, 2010

Women of Worship

W.O.W. Women of worship...what a blast we had last night!
Several weeks ago some ladies from church were talking about getting together for some 'girl time with God' and before we knew we had created a 4 week WOW event.

Kathy and I wanted to have some time with the girls and God before we returned to Mozambique.
So this was a night designed for women to pray and sing. To share what was on their hearts, and lift each other up in the name of Jesus.

We started with worship...and it was so great! I love to worship I think more than anything else!
Kathy loves to play her guitar and worship to the Lord more than anyone I know!
How perfect that God would bless me in such a way....my own personal worship leader!

Talk about passion....Kathy has got to be one of the most Godly passionate women I know. Most people see her passion when she is worshipping... it's very hard to miss!!!

But I have been blessed 'above and beyond' these past years. I get to see her Godly passion on a day to day basis. Here in the states as well as her passion for the people of Mozambique!
I am inspired by her dedication to follow exactly what the Lord is leading her to do each and every day, no matter what.

So with Kathy leading our worship....let's just say we were all inspired!
God bless Maggie for her beautiful voice as she sang with Kathy. We were also blessed to have the Shaner girls, Bethany and Naomi playing the bass and drums! They were fantastic!!

We then had a short devotional time, we spoke about Passion.
What is our passion, what motivates and inspired us?
What does the passion of a Christian women look like?

To be so passionate that we would take on the world with no thought for ourselves. That we would willingly strive and sacrifice for what is good and right.

Some shared about the passionate women of God that has been modeled in their life, a friend or relative. It was such a sweet time with women who love the Lord, and I was so blessed to be a part of it.

Worshipping the Lord is what we were created for.
Isaiah 43:7 says 'whom I created for my glory'.
Psalm 86:12 'I will praise you oh my God with all my heart, I will glorify your name forever'.

Can't wait till next week!! Thursday at 6:30-8pm at MBC!!!
Please come and be blessed!

No comments: