Aug 14, 2010

The team of Two

This past week I've had the pleasure of caring for the Litton's, Larry and Peggy.
This godly couple has been married for 37 years, they both barely look 37 years old!!
I can see where God truly does bless those who live their lives for Him! The Litton's are a perfect example!


One day one of the translators asked 'may I ask how long you have been married?' When they answered 37 years, his response was 'oh I thought maybe 3 years, as you are so much in love'. It's true, they are just the sweetest people to be around!


It goes without saying that I have been blessed to be able to spend time with them this week.
Peggy, is our bookkeeper at CRI, and she was a bit anxious about the trip. Larry who has been on the Dallas police force for 32 years was the reason why Peggy came. 
He is also a graduate of Dallas Theologic Seminary and has come to Dondo to train and teach and inspire the young church plant leaders here in the project.


Larry had a pretty full schedule, which got 'fuller' each day.While Peggy was at my mercy, and more than agreeable to doing whatever I suggested.


Knowing that she was a bit anxious, I scheduled things that she and I could do together. It was also great for me to visit the preschool, walk Project Life, serve soup at the hospital, observe and pray at the clinic and Nutrition center and just hang out at the church. We also managed to do some shopping....


Over the course of the week God blessed us both as we were able to accomplish much. It didn't take long for Peggy's anxiety to subside, as the people and especially children of Dondo melted her heart. 


It has been such a pleasure getting to know Peggy. She is a precious godly women and mother of 4 grown children. Hearing the stories of raising her family with that sweet southern accent of hers, has been a joy!  


Larry reminds me a lot of Jim, not only his demeanor and sense of humor, but the way the two of them interacted.

He is a gifted speaker and extremely intelligent man. Yet I doubt he realizes how much he has blessed the young men he has been working with this week.


The first thing you notice about Larry is his humble spirit and willingness to serve others. One of the first things he asked me...'tell me, is there anything I might do or say that would offend the people?'
I just knew it was going to be a blessing having him here after that!


I am thanking God for His perfect plan in bringing the Litton's to Mozambique. For allowing them to come and see and love God's people here in Dondo.





No comments: