Aug 8, 2010

Another week of life in Mozambique...I love it here!

As I mentioned in my last blog entry, last Sunday I was to give the message at Centro Emissor, it actually came out nothing like I thought it would. 
God had another plan and praise the Lord I listened as He directed me to change things up a bit.
As I shared about God's faithfulness and perfect plan for our lives, I could see what God was doing.


Most of you know Zito, and his story. He is the church plant leader at Centro Emissor, whose wife died about 10 months ago. 
His struggles and the pain he is experiencing are so very real, my heart truly aches for him. 
I believe God has called me to walk with Zito at this time. Love him and encourage him, but also speak words of truth into his life.


He is just a young man trying to figure out how to raise his 3 small children while sorting out his own feelings.  
We have had two seperate occasions to talk this week, and I trust that God has directed my words. 
I am grateful for the opportunity to help Zito and the kids.
Please keep them in prayer when you think of them.


I also spent a good deal of time with Simone, one of our translators. 
He is a very smart and sensitive young man who truly loves the Lord.
It has been a blessing getting to know more about him and his heart.


On a lighter note....
I acquired a new nick name this week...I am now referred to as 'grande feijao', it means 'big bean'. 


Each morning we meet with all our workers for a short bible study and a song or two. Then we give instruction for the work that needs to be done for the day.
I have been making every effort to use my Portuguese whenever possible...it's the only way I'll ever get better.
So in the morning I give instruction to the staff, in Portuguese. Now this has been working out just fine, especially because they have come to learn my way of speaking Portuguese:)


So anyway, this one morning I was trying to explain that there was a large container of left over beans in the frig. 
Then everyone started laughing and I couldn't figure out why. So, Ercylio who was laughing the hardest, explained that I said there was a 'large bean' in the frig.
I could say I knew it all along and I just wanted to give them all a good laugh...but that wouldn't be the truth.


So now you all know where the name came from.
I actually like it...big bean...grande fiejao, it works.


On more thing... Kathy officially returns to Moz in 10 days!!! Yippee!!
Her mom is home from the hospital and doing amazingly well. Praise God! It was perfect that she was able to be with her family when they needed her.
We are both praising God for His perfect plan in all of this!







No comments: