Oct 11, 2009

Our last week in Mozambique

Today we celebrated the Lord's day at His church in Centro Emmissor. The singing the fellowship the dancing the message all totally glorifying God. It was a great day and we were blessed. 
We got to dance with the ladies and then we were given an opportunity to speak to the church. Kathy and I both had words of encouragement to share. I then closed with Numbers 6:24-26, and Kathy used something out of Acts. Finally we were presented with new capalanas. Then more singing and dancing.

As we were getting ready to go, we were given a live chicken as a gift to thank us for our love, support and encouragement.
A live chicken! Can you believe it? How great is that?  It is currently in 'foster care' while we decide the best way to utilize our little feathered friend. Right now we are leaning toward finding him a girlfriend and allowing them to set up house. I can't tell you how many times we have talked about having chickens. We could use the eggs to feed our teams, as well as our staff.
God simply always provides for our needs.

Finally home after 2pm,  with about 50 minutes to rest before I needed to start transporting people to Manuel and Ramizia's home for their baby dedication. Everyone with a car agreed to help bring people from the church to their home. Many cars and multiple trips. They were so blessed by all the people who came to witness this dedication.

There were people there from many of the church plants. Savane Church, a church plant about 90 minutes away that Manuel is the leader of,  arrived quite late, after the gifts had been given and prayers said. So after they came and offered their gift ( can you believe it was 2 live chickens!?) they were handed to me! 
I was not sure what was going on, but quickly got the idea. They wanted me to pray over these 'gifts' like we had prayed for all the other gifts.
 I stood there trying to compose myself and asking God to give me the right words. I was mindful of just how incredibly unique this moment was. Would I have ever guessed anything like this could take place in my life?

There I stood in the center of a crowd of at least 200 people watching me hold 2 chickens up over my head asking God to bless them and "allow them to make many eggs or chicks or whatever it is that they are suppose to do". Seriously, that was my prayer. Unbelievable.

So many of the church plant leaders and their families came. There were many men, many men! Pastor Jeronimo was there as well. This is not normally the case, and it was such a wonderful testimony. It was just a great day.  A really great Sunday! 
I will  miss living life here in Dondo Mozambique.
I pray that the Lord's plan will include my returning here, in the spring with full support in place. Amen!

No comments: