Oct 2, 2009

Trip to the Hospital

Manuel and Ramizia are finally proud parents of a beautiful baby boy. Things were uncertain for a time after Junior was born, as his breathing was not normal. There were many prayers said and heard by our Father in heaven, and this is the day they were meant to come home.

Kathy and I were called into action, as they needed a ride home from the hospital. So off we went.
We arrived at the hospital at 5pm, but the doctor had not yet come to discharge Ramizia. So we spent our time looking at this beautiful gift from God.

Manuel introduced us to the lady sharing the room with Ramizia. Her name was Maria, she too had delivered a baby 2 days ago, but her baby did not live.
When Manuel told us I immediately felt tears in my eyes. This women sat on her bed about 2 feet from Ramizia, watching her as she held her precious baby. 

I was overwhelmed with compassion for this mother. She had trouble with high blood pressure and swelling during the last 2 months of her pregnancy, but as she tells the story, the doctors kept telling her everything was fine.
She delivered the baby and the baby died shortly after. I don't know the rest of the story, it really doesn't matter. This mom is grieving her loss and has no one to console her and tell her it wasn't her fault.
Her legs were swollen and hard to the touch. Her skin was tight and her feet were so swollen the bottoms of her feet were no longer flat. I'm not sure how she could even walk on them.

As I thanked God for Manuel and his ability to speak English, I felt the Lord prompting me to reassure her and maybe make a few suggestions regarding her recovery, diet, exercise etc.
Once Manuel explained that I was a nurse she had many questions, and I was so grateful for the  knowledge I could share with her.
I was most grateful for the Holy Spirit as I was overcome with emotions for this young mom. God clearly gave me wisdom and the ability show compassion and love to this women. When I was done answering her questions, I asked if I could pray for her. She agreed and I asked God to heal her body and bring her into His kingdom.

As it turned out we waited for the doctor to come for about 2 hours and then received word that he would not be in tonight. So we headed back to Dondo, minus the baby and mom.
We are told they will be released tomorrow, we shall see. We know that they have to let them go at some point, right?

So here we thought we were headed to the hospital to bring mother and baby home. God's plan was that we travel to the hospital to encourage and support a lady named Maria. A mother who will be going home without her baby.
 Thank you Jesus once again for the opportunity to be your hands and feet to love her and show her your love.

No comments: