Mar 8, 2010

Vertical Blessings

Well, I did it, I survived Boot Camp!
Yes, yes, thank you all very much.
Seriously, it was intense, and extensive, a long 2 day seminar but well worth it!

In the 30+ self study hours I logged in prior to attending the seminar the most significant thing happen.
I came to accept that it's truly biblical to raise support.
If, in fact, I believe that God has called me to share the gospel with His children in Mozambique, then I must also believe that He has called me to raise support to accomplish this.

Where ever Paul traveled, spreading the gospel, he was 'assisted on his journey' (Romans 15:24)
'and then to have you send me on my way to Judea' (2 Corinthians 1:16)

There are numerous references in both the Old and New Testament which make this point clear.
What impressed me was the idea that my support is really from God!

It's a 'vertical blessing'.

Yes, people actually support the vision and the ministry that the Lord has called me to, but they are giving as God has called them to give.
They are giving out of obedience to God.

As God blesses my ministry in Dondo, He also blesses each one who has listened to the Lord and given sacrificially.
Don't you just love the way He has this all worked out for us?

So my job now is to continue to pray and seek His will as I step forward in His strength to accomplish this next step on my journey. To ASK for help!

James 4:2 'we have not because we ask not'





1 comment:

-C A I T L Y N said...

Val! That was a great post! I struggled with the support raising stuff and would love to hear what you learned! I love you lots and lots!