Feb 28, 2010

A little of this and a little of that....

An update for my loyal readers, I know I have a few.

Besides battling some sickness, I have had the opportunity to relive my 'mommy days' this past week. I suppose it would be more appropriate to call them 'grammy days'. Anyway...

Kathy's daughter Brooke had a baby this week and we got to love and care for Ally 6 and Koltyn 8.
So we're talking coloring, reading stories, reviewing homework, spelling words as well as doing math:( The best part was praying with them and explaining why we love to talk to God whenever we can.
We actually got a sweet routine going, bathed and ready for bed ( usually on time or close to it) Then up and at 'em at an early hour and off to school. It's been wonderful and grueling! The kids have been fabulous and a total blessing to be around, but this kind of routine is definitely designed for younger women. We found ourselves praising God when we had the chance to get a nap in.

I have been diligently working on my homework for Boot Camp. I'm getting there, and praise God I have till Thursday night to complete it.
What I've learned so far ( and I haven't even gone to the seminar) It is biblical to seek funding for your ministry. Over and over there are bible references to support this, I know, I looked them all up!
Anyway, I would welcome your prayers as I attend this seminar from 8am to 6pm Friday and Saturday. Don't be surprised if you get a phone call one day soon asking to meet with you and inviting you to join my support team!

Saturday I attended a 4 hour membership class at Maranatha Bible Church. It's the local church I attend here in Cedar Rapids when I'm not at our church plant in Centro Emissor, Mozambique.
I am looking forward to making myself 'official' at MBC. We each need to be a part of a local body of believers and we need to serve the body. I am only in the states part time, but I feel the need to be a part of MBC and serve. I am grateful that God lead me here!

Oh yes one more thing, Kathy and I had out first official ( in the states) Portuguese lesson. Delores our teacher is sweet and patient and we are really looking forward to our time with her each week.
We would love prayer, asking that God would give us supernatural wisdom to be able to conquer the language.

One last thing, happy birthday to my youngest child Sean. This young man is responsible for leading me to the Lord when he was only 13 years old. He turns 21 on Tuesday and my prayer for him as he completes his junior year at Baptist Bible College, is that he would seek daily after the Lord and His will in all things. I love you Sean!
I love all of you for caring enough about me to read this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAYING FOR YOU AND THE SEMINAR. SOUNDS GOOD!! GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE PLANNING ON JOINING A LOCAL FELLOWSHIP. I SURELY MISS MY GROUP IN AZ. BUT GOD KNOWS BEST FOR US ALL AND I AM IN THE SNOWBELT FOR NOW FOR SURE. ATTENDING ALLIANCE ON SUN. A.M.'S AND BIBLE STUDY AT 2ND ON THURS. NIGHTS SO FAR.= CAN HANDLE DOWNSTAIRS FAIRLY WELL. GOD BLESS MARIE