Jul 31, 2010

Encouraging words

It's Saturday morning and I am working on the message I will be sharing tomorrow at Centro Emissor. Sharing a message with a group of people....how things have changed in my life!

In the past this would have caused me great turmoil ( I like that word), to say the least. I would have needed many days, if not weeks, to prepare.  The very worst part of all would be how preoccupied my mind would be leading up to the event.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not like "hey, this is no big deal".  But here I am the day before with no idea what God wants me to speak about, and I'm not even a little stressed...at least not yet.

I have a few ideas and I've prayed about them, and so right now I'm waiting to see what God says...I feel like He is telling me to share about how He is sufficient.

As I was reflecting on that, I realized that today is exactly 2 weeks since Kathy left for America, and I headed to the church plant in the bush.

Several things came to mind as I thought about that day.
I was really struggling with the thought of Kathy not being there when I got back.
I was having a super hard time, mostly because I knew my heart was not in the right place.

Not in the right place to be able to share God's love. I was feeling sorry for myself, how could I speak truth into other lives?  How could I shine with the joy of the Lord like we are called to?
I didn't want to go.... if only I could stay back and feel sorry for myself.  That actually sounded like a good idea at the time.

Fortunately, for me the people in my car were quiet as I drove, so I had plenty of time to pray. I asked God to help my attitude. I was feeling lonely and even more my heart was heavy for Kathy and what she may be facing when she got home. I wanted to be with her, no wait I wanted her to be with me.
It was long drive and I prayed.

I prayed for her, her mom, all the family. I prayed that God would give her wisdom and strength and good health. I prayed that God would give me wisdom and skill as I drove on some very treacherous  roads.
I prayed that He would change my heart and give me peace as this was going to be a long weekend.

By the time we arrived at Matundo, I could feel that God had been listening to all my prayers. I was able to jump right in and do what was put before me. My attitude was right and my heart was full of thankfullness to God for being ever faithful!
As Kathy and her family would come to mind, I would again ask God to be with her and strengthen her.
That's all I needed to do...

As I blogged before about the trip, it was a blessed time. I was asked to speak, not once but twice and I didn't even have anything prepared! God is always right on top of things, ya know?
He always provides what we need and we are never alone when we ask Him to be with us!

Well there you have it, that will be my message for tomorrow.
God is always with us...AMEN!

Thanks for reading...Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Chrrist.

3 comments:

emily said...

Look at you make my day girl! So awesome to see God's faithfulness, and that you FEEL it too! You are strong in the Lord!

Beth Telecky said...

Blessings to you, friend. Isn't it amazing what God can do in our hearts when we let Him. Have a super duper Sunday. I love you!

Larisochka said...

Awesome - praise God! But what's happening with Kathy?