May 18, 2009

Heading to Mozambique

Finally, it's here, in 24 hours Kathy and I will be on a plane heading to Mozambique Africa! Today will be our last full day in the states until November 1st. I am so excited!!!

This past month of preparation has been filled with 'to do' lists, and lunch dates, speaking engagements and ice cream parties. Meetings with our president and his wife, as well as fellow missionaries.  Numerous phone calls, and  multiple skype conferences calls. 
Lists of supplies needed to help the people of Mozambique, and multiple trips to generous people's homes to pick up donated items! 
What a blessing the whole process has been, as I can look back and see God's hand in the whole thing!

My time with family and friends has been amazing, as God has provided for all my needs. In April I was in NY seeing my family, my kids my son-in-law and grandson Ben. It was a great time and all I could think about was how much God loves me.

Here in Cedar Rapids He has blessed me with more friends and family! Kathy's parents have 'adopted' me into the Kimm family," it's official" as they say. (I think it's because they like my italian cooking:)

My church family at Maranatha Bible Church has been the biggest blessing and encouragement to me. The fact that it's been part of God's plan all along is so neat. He loves me so much, that He would make sure I had everything I needed and more than I could have hoped for, when He moved me to Cedar Rapids.

As I prepare to leave, I need to make sure I say healthy good byes, so that my hellos can be healthy. (We learned when we were in Colorado at Missionary Training.) It is with much mixed emotion that I say my good byes.  
God has multiplied the blessings in my life here in Cedar Rapids, I will miss my pastor and his gift for teaching God's word, the ladies in our Bible study, and the worship music!!! 
There are many things I will miss, yet at the same time my heart is pounding with anticipation and expectation as to what lies ahead!!!

I love you all!!!! Thank you for loving me!!!!

I pray that as you read this you will remember me in prayer. I promise to pray for each of you as the Lord brings you to my mind. 
My plan is to use this blog to keep you posted on my travels and life in Dondo Mozambique, stay tuned......


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

-C A I T L Y N said...

VAL...I am so excited for you and cannot wait to be joining you again in Mozambique! It has been so awesome getting to know to you this past year! Love you and we are all praying for you!

p.s. Oh yeah and we spent the entire last night or until 2 in the morning staring at all the supplies thinking we are going to make this all fit in our bags...nothing will be left behind! LOL we will see about that :)