May 22, 2009

Mozambican morning

I watched the sun come up this morning as I sat looking out my kitchen window. I listened to the sounds of Mozambique, they are just as I remember them.   The smells, the smiles, the hugs and the waves, in a way it feels like I never left. 

I am so blessed to be back in our home in Dondo. I have no idea what the Lord has ahead of me this year, but I am waiting in anticipation as I know that He has a  perfect plan for my life.

I am trying to adjust as well as get settled in and ready for the next thing. Hard to say what that might be, so please keep me in prayer.

If you ever have any doubt about the effectiveness of your prayers let me say this, God hears them all!
The prayers that were said as we traveled were heard! We had no additional charges for the extra bags ( that should have come to $750.00) Then all the bags made it through and arrived when we did. Nothing was even searched at customs in Beira. It was totally God's hand of protection over all of it! Thank you for praying!

Did I mention the flight itself? It was '"s-m-ooth" as Jimmy would say. The weather cooperated perfectly, and I even got some rest!  There were no delays, no running to catch a flight, good food even, and the time even seemed to go by rather quickly. This is a miracle!

Thank you for loving me and supporting me as I humbly follow where the Lord is leading me.
Valerie

Zephaniah 3:17  The Lord your God is with you, He is might to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT TO CATCH-UP WITH YOUR WERE ABOUTS. PRAY FOR YOU DAILY AND KNOW GOD HAS AND IS SO PRECIOUS TO YOU. PTL!! ALSO, IT'S SO NEAT TO HEAR ABOUT YOU AND TODD'S FAMILY AND HOW AT HOME YOU FEEL THERE. IT JUST CONFIRMS IN MY MIND THAT GOD HAS CALLED YOU THERE AND EVEN THO DAYS MAY BE WEARY, DREARY AND VERY CHALLENGING THAT BEING IN HIS "PERFECT" WILL IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A GREAT!! BLESSING. GOD BLESS. MARIE

Rosie Cochran said...

Glad to hear you made it! I received your e-mail and followed the link to check out your blog! I printed this first entry for Prayer Meeting tonight, including the address to your blog so others can find you!