Sep 23, 2009

All of God's children

Today I was asked to drive another CRI staff member and two nationals out to a couple of church plants that Ray of Light sponsors. We drove far into the african bush.

We let at the crack of dawn, and traveled on the main road for about an hour, then made a right and drove and drove and drove. 
We started on a dirt road, then crossed over a bridge (and I use the term bridge cautiously) The road very quickly became a dirt path, barely wide enough for a car.

It is incredible to think about and try to comprehend, but the people I saw have even less than those I have spent the last 5 month with. Is it possible to be even poorer? Is it possible to have even less? 
Kids everywhere running and laughing and waving. Eyes bright with wonder and curiosity.
Just watching me drink from my water bottle seemed to fascinate them. 
The sandals on my feet, my sunglasses.
I wonder what they were thinking, as I was looking at them, wondering why?
Why? Why do I have and they have not? What part of God's plan is this? What am I suppose to do? Am I suppose to do anything? 

It was really a great and blessed day as the Lord most certainly was traveling with us. His hand of protection was evident on several occasions. Starting with a car that provided transport.

God is good and faithful and sees the needs of all His children. I need to keep reminding myself of that. I need to keep praying for all the people the Lord places in front of me.
Thank you Jesus for the opportunity to praise you and pray to you.





No comments: