Sep 4, 2009

Prayer

Prayer, we pray everyday, all the time. Sometimes my prayers seem to feel more meaningful than other times. Do you know what I mean? Sometimes, the time with God in prayer is just sweet, perfect in a supernatural sort of way.

That's how it was yesterday morning. Just a perfect, quiet, real moment with God before I was off and running for the day.
I have heard on more than one occasion, my friend Kathy pray 'Lord I ask that you go before me and behind and on both sides of me this day, and protect and guide me'.  Yesterday I found myself using those exact same words as I prayed for God's protection and guidance.

Later that morning while driving through Mafarinha, God did just that. He was before me, behind me and on both sides of me as He stopped the truck from hitting a small boy who ran into the road.

It was just for a moment, He was there. Right there! I felt Him. He stopped the truck and the boy all in a split second. It felt like I personally had no control of what was happening.

When it was over, the boy ran off, and tears started running down my face. I couldn't think or speak. All I kept thinking about was that prayer.  The words I had heard and then repeated that very morning.
Thank you Jesus for your faithful hand of protection.
 

No comments: