Sep 9, 2009

Ladies Day at Centro Emmisor

Today the ladies form Centro Emmisor (CE)church hosted ladies from a church about 4hours away. This event has been planned and canceled no fewer than 4 times by my last count.
Each time it was cancelled we ( Kathy and I ) were thanking God because we always seemed to have a conflict on the day it was scheduled.

I think maybe our 'overbooking' is our number one dilemma. There is always something going on and our desire is to be a part of the events that mean so much in the lives of the Mozambicans.
That said, we need to prioritize, there are things we must do, at the same time we need to keep the commitments we make. Sometimes this can be difficult.

So today was finally the day. The ladies at CE had asked that Kathy and I each give a message. The ladies who were visiting would give a presentation as well.
Of course the event started with singing and dancing and more singing and more dancing. You could see that each one was enjoying the day.
Kathy spoke first and gave a message on the need to come to Jesus, quoting Isaiah 1:16-20 Come let us reason together. Stressing the need to be obedient to God and the blessing will flow. That He is faithful and simply wants all to come to know Him.
Next one of the visitors spoke and her message was almost the very same, the only difference was the bible references she used!!
Then we did some more singing and dancing, along with maybe 30-40 little ones who were interested in watching all the activity.

So now it's after 2:00 in the afternoon. We have been talking and singing and dancing since 11am. I thought surely they would break for lunch before I would need to speak. But this would not be the case.
As my flesh was thinking, great they're going to be tired and hungry and not really care about what I have prepared. This only added to my nerves.
Then I asked God to help me get through it, help me say the words you want them to hear, and of course He did!
Actually, as it turned out all three messages were right in line with one another. Kathy and I had not even talked about what we were going to share, but God knew!
He had all three messages using His scripture to encourage the women. It was just perfect.
That should not surprise any of us!
Today was a good day and like Kathy just said 'we feel full'. Amen

No comments: