Jan 25, 2010

Ask and you shall receive...


Did you ever wish you had an instruction manual on how to live your life?
A book that had all the answers, gave suggestions on how to handle difficult situations, even told you why you were here in the first place?

I did. For many years I would question the purpose of my life, why bad things happen. Why did my sister have to die when she was just a child? Or why did my childhood have to be so sad and without love?

I simply don't question these things anymore. God is in control and He even gave us that instruction manual I mentioned. It's called the Holy Bible.
Within it's pages are all the words and advise we will ever need to live our lives as God has instructed.

I was reminded once again today of His words of wisdom to us. In Matthew 7 He tells us to ask and we will receive. That's exactly what happen to me today.

I was emailing with the church secretary, she asked if I needed a place to stay while I was in town.
I thanked her and said I was all set, but asked if there was anyone who might have a car I could borrow for the week, and within minutes (literally) I was told I had a car at my disposal.

Only God could do that! I had been putting the request out there for several weeks, so had both my daughters, there was no car.
I believe God wanted to see if I would walk in faith and trust that everything would work out just as it was suppose to.
Sure enough it did.
He is so good and knows the hearts of those who love and trust in Him.

Thank you to the faithful servant who is willing to let me use their car, may God bless you abundantly for your generosity.

Matt 7-8 Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Abiding in Him....


No comments: