Jan 22, 2010

On the road again...

Let's see where did I leave off?
Kathy and I are still traveling, still in Texas, El Paso actually as I write this blog.
We have been gone for a week now, and although I really prefer being home, it's been a great week!
After the board and staff meeting, Kathy and I headed to Tomball Texas, near Houston. We spent the last few days there, catching up with Big John and his wife Janie. Just the dearest, sweetest people who love each other almost as much as they love the Lord.

It's a joy to be around them!
On Tuesday night they had their mission board meeting at their home and so Kathy and I had the unique opportunity to be able to share with them about the Lord's work in Mozambique.

I talked about this being the best job ever a few days ago. Let me tell you, meeting the people I get to meet is one of the biggest reasons, that this is THE BEST JOB EVER!

We talked and prayed and shared, it was such a blessing to share with people, who really want to know, about life in Mozambique.
Lord willing we will come back through Tomball on our way home, to attend their church.
It will also give us a good excuse to spend the night with John and Janie and play a little Hand and Foot. (They are quite the card players.)

We will be back on the road in the morning, destination Mesa AZ. I am so excited to see my "adopted parents" and bake or clean or whatever we can do to bless them.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention, while at John's ranch in Tomball, he taught me how to drive his tractor!! What a riot!!! Just one more first for this old girl!
God is so very good to me!!

1 Thes 5:16-17 Be joyful always, pray continually

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! What a funny and wonderful surprise to see you using that camera in such a fun way. Perfect!! Thanks for sharing. Keep sharing!!

-C A I T L Y N said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! I love reading about your adventures...you are gunna have to teach this Iowa girl sometime what you learned on the tractor! Luv you Val!

Jill said...

This sounds like it was an awesome time! Hope you have more adventures on this trip! God's peace to you!