Jan 17, 2010

The Best Job Ever!!!

I wonder how many people can say they love their job. I mean really love their job?
I've been an RN for well over 30 years and I've always loved the work I've done, or so I thought.
Then the Lord decided to change the direction of my life!

Now I work full time with Children's Relief International ( childrensrelief.org) spending half my year in Dondo Mozambique serving God's poorest children.
I am so blessed to work with Godly people, who love the Lord and demonstrate it daily in their words as well as how they live their lives.
The Pieratt's and their sons and spouses lead this organization and I am privileged to know them and be a part of the work they do in Dondo.

I have spent this past weekend here in Dallas TX participating in CRI's annual board and staff meeting. Once again I am overwhelmed and humbled to be a part of the work that is being done in Mozambique. I am truly blessed to be a part of Children's Relief!

The missionaries I am privileged to know and work with are an inspiration to me.
As I begin my 3rd year with CRI, I am so excited to think about 2010.
I am anxious to get back home to Mozambique to live life among the people that the Lord has allowed me to love.

I can say without a doubt that THIS is the BEST JOB EVER!
We have a Big God who can do anything, as long as we let Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding and in all ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

2 comments:

Jill T said...

Amen, Valerie.

Unknown said...

Val,
It was great to see you over the weekend and hear your stories. May 2010 be even better than 2009! You are in our thoughts and prayers.