Feb 7, 2010

0% nerves, 0% fears, 100% God's faithfulness

I have been in Auburn since Friday afternoon and having a great time, soaking everything in, catching up and just being with my grandson.
Thanks to Nathan and Sara I have been able to video record almost every single move my grandson Benjamin has made since I landed. I don't think I'm annoying anyone ...yet:)
It's so great watching him and seeing how he is learning about everything around him.
What a blessing, to spend time with him.

Sunday I spoke at two churches here in Auburn. I am amazed at how many people are praying for me and supporting my missionary work in Mozambique.
It has been over a year since I have seen most of these folks. Yet they all assure me that they pray for me regularly and I know that it's true.

The Lord was certainly faithful today as He heard my prayers for wisdom, and 'assistance' as I stood before these groups.
I had no fear no nerves, none of the usual symptoms I had become accustom to.
I kept thinking what's different about this, why am I doing okay, calm even?

I of course knew the answer, I had been faithful in prayer and trusting that God was in control of the whole situation and God had been faithful to answer.
I love when that happens!

Okay, I guess that's all I have to say at least for now.
I had a very dear friend tell me that she doesn't read my blog when I'm in the states " cuz it's boring".
I hope that none of you were too bored.
I don't want anyone to lose interest and change the channel.
Think of this as the off season on TV, you know, reruns etc.
But keep checking in and one day soon ( May 10th) I'll be back in Mozambique and the adventures will continue....

Seriously, if you're reading this blog most likely you are a friend, relative, supporter or prayer warrior. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I am grateful for your place in my life, and may God bless you abundantly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I finaly found your blog. It was lost in my junkmail folder. You look way to natural driving a tractor.
Sounds like you're doing a good job of soaking up life. Keep on, keepin' on.
JEP