May 17, 2010

Wow....where do I begin?

Bom Dia!
 I told myself to remember at least one story each day, and sit down before going to bed and BLOG! So far  that has not exactly worked out, sorry.
I have so much to tell you!
I hope you all already Kathy's blog.....http://dondodancer.blogspot.com/.
Her last story talked about our visiting with Zito and the children for the first time since Ziara's death. We knew it would be hard, and it was. We know she is with our Lord, but our heart's ache as we long to have her back with us and her family. I prayed that God would help me offer words of encouragement to Zito, and I believe He did, even though the words were spoken through many tears.
We pray that Zito will persevere and continue to grow in the Lord as he leads his family, and his church family at Centro Emissor.

I have had many blessed moments and so much has gone on in just 5 days! It feels like we never left!

Let's see, on Sunday a police officer stopped Kathy and I  after church. He told us to take his friend to Dondo, about 6K down the road, so that he could buy his lunch for him!!!
Now what would you do?
We say no, and make the officer mad, and then what?  So, we said yes, and these two young men climb in the back seat and off we go. It felt a lot longer than 6K as my mind was replaying every murder mystery I had ever seen on TV! Only in Mozambique!

Saturday at the market I asked about my 'plastico' boy, Arlindo ( I told you about him last year) It didn't take long before he was standing right beside me with the biggest grin on his face! I asked about his vovo (grandma) and if he had been attending church. He said she was good, and yes he had been going to church. I know my smile was at least as big as his!

Today, we were out in the field with the water well drilling team who came in yesterday from Texas. One man got a gash on his hand. It was bleeding a bit and so I cleaned it up and applied some band-aids. Later Kathy was laughing  and said, "hey do you get it...the "field nurse" but on a band-aid, out in the field". She thought it was pretty funny....and she makes fun of me!

Today we had the opportunity to meet with many people we love and look forward to seeing each year. We saw so many precious faces, and got our share of hugs! Praise God! It was a great day!

Later in the morning, I saw Carlitos, the clinic manager, work along side the ladies who work in project life. They are planting a garden, with dreams of suppling vegetables to the people in project life.
You may remember Carlitos from one of my newsletters, he is an incredible young man, who always puts others first. I just love him!
 One of ladies, is my dear friend Maria  ( she was pregnant in 2008, I promised to pray for her and in 09  I met Tiago, James in English, I wrote about her too:)
Then there was Pasqua and Julia....I just love all these ladies!

It was a great day and God blessed me with His grace! Thank you Jesus!
It has been an amazing week, and I am so very blessed!
But now I need my rest:)  More next time.

Don't you just love what my "Interior Blog Designer"created?
THANK YOU CAITLYN! I love you!

3 comments:

-C A I T L Y N said...

OH Valerie...I am so excited to read your updates! I love you so much! I am praying for you :)

MN_jill said...

Boa noite! I am supercharged after reading about your experiences thus far. Obviously, God is guiding your path every step of the way. God's peace and prayers for all of our bros and sisters in Dondo and Mafarinha. God is so good!

emily said...

Thank you, thank you! Your blog is open on my computer and I hit refresh every time I sit down!!! So wonderful to hear of your adventure! Glad you two are still laughing ~ Miss you and praying lots! emily