Jun 10, 2010

God uses everything and everyone!

Early this morning I decided to ask if a few of the ladies from the Texas team wanted to go with me to the market.
They agreed and we were off. It's not terribly exciting but it was fun to see their enthusiasm and answer their many questions.
First to buy bananas, I decided to buy along the road this time as they had already experienced buying them in the main market area yesterday. Bananas bought, next stop the bread store.
I was excited to introduce them to Manuel, the young guy at the bread store. He has the biggest smile, and is always quick to share it.

A little side story....last year I had been given a t-shirt ( I love t-shirts) by Esau the man who makes wood carving, that the American visitors buy.  Manuel commented on more than one occation that he really liked the t-shirt ( it was from a local church and said something about Jesus being the Only One). Anyway, I  decided that before I head back to the states I'd give him the t-shirt. So about 2 weeks before we left last October I gave him the shirt, he was very grateful, and I felt good to be able to bless him.
 I found out several days later that he had been arrested and spent the night in jail because of this shirt! Someone had seen him wearing it and accused him of stealing it! The matter was settled and he didn't blame me, but you can imagine how awful I felt!!!
So I am praising God that he still likes me after all of that!

So we bought our bread then headed across the street to see about buying a new fan. As we left the store with our purchase a man approached us. He was not someone I recognized and so as he spoke I kept on going and unlocked the car.
The ladies were a bit nervous as I put the fan in the car and motioned for them to get in. I turned to see where the man was, I could see Manuel standing outside the breadstore with his arms folded across his chest watching everything that was going on.
I gave him a big smile and a thumbs up sign and he smiled back and waved indicating it was all okay!
He had been watching our back all along!

Can you see why I love it here? More later...

2 comments:

JiLl T said...

And God is watching over you every step of the way! Amen!

emily said...

Way cool God! Just want to let you know that I am still reading and still praying! Much love and prayers!