Jun 27, 2010

Only God could write this story...

My son Sean is once again part of the Internship program here in Mozambique this summer.

Mostly we get to see each other in passing as we have different schedules, duties, and responsibilities.
This past week however, has been a different story.
When Sean complained of not feeling well, I thought maybe he just wanted some attention from mom,
as several of the other interns had complained of not feeling well this past week.
As it turned out he had very bad case of tonsillitis, we had medication on hand and treatment was started right away.
The bad news was he wasn't getting better 'fast enough', at least not fast enough to go with the interns on retreat. So as the interns were packing and preparing for a 4 day teen retreat, Sean was trying to accpet the Lord's plan for him.

Friday was a national holiday here in Mozambique, their Independence Day.  With basically everyone gone for the long weekend, and Kathy and I still in 'resting' mode, it was a great opportunity to spend  time with my son.

On Saturday morning Kathy, Sean and I traveled to Beira, to meet an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor that Noemia Cessito ( Pastor Jeronimo's wife) recommended we see.
Sean was actually feeling much better, but Noemia had made the arrangements for us and we needed to honor her kind gesture.

As it turns out, not only did the doctor recommend an additional medication, we were able to purchase what we needed right there at the clinic!
This doctor spoke some English as did his nurse/assistant!
Sean was evaluated by a doctor, and we were leaving with just what we needed.
Not to mention that I was thrilled to have made this connection! You never know when we might need to return here.
Everything God does fits together so perfectly!

On the ride home we had plenty of time to talk, mostly about the special lady in Sean's life. A subject that up until now has not been fully discussed. This time was perfect. I kept smiling as I thought about God's total control of absolutely everything!

Once home, I made some chicken quesadillas for lunch.  We spent the rest of day together, watching movies, eating popcorn, and just hanging out.

This morning ( Sunday) we headed to Centro Emissor where my son was scheduled to give the message.  He was only 'scheduled' to preach after it was determined that he would not be going on the retreat.
He did a great job and I was of course blessed to watch him share God's word with people I have come to love.

So once again as I look back over this week I am struck by the perfect faithfulness of God.
My son spent the weekend in my home in Mozambique....unbelievable!
Only God could have arranged such a time, thank you Lord.

Only God and His perfect plan for our lives could possibly write this story!

1 comment:

emily said...

God is STILL soooo cool! Thanks for sharing! Coming home from wedding festivities tomorrow night. Hoping to give you an update soon! Much love and prayers!