Jun 7, 2010

The week in review...



I will do my best to summarize this week in as few words as possible.
The days have been long and full, and I have chosen sleep over blogging.
So here it is Saturday afternoon and relatively quiet.
As I thought about this past week and tried to sort out what to comment on I realized it has been one full week.

Let’s start with Sunday, the 30th
First of all, thank you for your comments and words of encouragement regarding my blog entries, it really is encouraging to read your remarks!
Sunday was an awesome day!
Monday, I don’t remember much about, so we’ll skip itJ
Tuesday, we said good bye to the drill team.  We needed to cars to go to the airport, because as the drill team left the Interns were arriving.  That would include my son Sean! Very excited to see him and get a hug! I am also looking forward to 8 weeks of having him kick around Dondo with us!
Let’s just say we had quite an experience driving to the airport as there was a procession in front of us on the only road to the airport….. on foot!
So we sat, and I mean sat in traffic for over an hour.
Praise God that both Todd and I had taken cars with 4 wheel drive !!
 Eventually we  got off the main road and traveled a treacherous path, where  cars and dump trucks were stuck in 6-8 foot holes filled with water.
Following Todd’s lead I managed to maneuver around and through each obstacle. It was crazy!!! Never in my life would I have imagined that I could do what I did this day!
The best part was we made it to the airport just in time to get them checked through and on their plane. Praise God!
The Interns arrived and we were on our way.  I pray that will be the last time we need to take that detour to the airport.

Wednesday and Thursday were busy with getting the team house ready for the team arriving on the 7th.  Each day was full with running errands, fixing mosquito netting, buying 25 kg sacks of rice, and 50 kg of beans.
We also had the opportunity to bless our staff with several items that came in with the Interns. Our ladies received dresses and sandals. The translators all got matching T-shirts.  We were able to give each of the 3 Amigos a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, a nicer buttoned shirt and a pair of sandals.

They were all so very grateful and I’m sure we were more blessed than they were! We gave them their gifts at our prayer time in the morning. Each day at 7am we meet with the entire staff, to pray and sing and then give them instruction for the day. It’s been a really great way to start the day!

Friday was more of the same, taking people where they needed to go picking up water at the farm. The usual trip to the market, and bread store.
The hard part this week was trying to help do Kathy’s job as well.
Last Sunday she complained of feeling tired and I knew that she was getting sick. Sure enough on Monday she tested positive for malaria and was down the rest of the  week.
So besides trying to get things ready for the next team, I was trying to keep up with some of her work as well. God continues to stretch me, that’s for sure!

I am most thankful for the people God has chosen to work with CRI, they are people who truly love the Lord. They continually put others before themselves, and are quick to serve rather than be served.
I am so very blessed to be allowed to love and serve the people of Mozambique!

So I am finally finishing this review…it is now Monday of the next week!
I pray that I don’t fall behind again with my blogging. Mostly it’s too hard to remember what I did yesterday, let alone last Tuesday!

May God bless each of you and thanks for praying for us!!!

2 comments:

emily said...

Yippee, more "blow by blow"! You are such a dear, and a wild driver, David will be proud of you! Please take care of yourself! God is soooo good! Much love and hugs... so glad Sean is there!

JiLl T said...

Endurance you shall have! Consider James 1:2-4, sister!

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that (I)the testing of your (J)faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Amen.