Feb 22, 2009

Home again....

I took my very first train ride this weekend. It was fabulous!  

Originally, the decision for taking the train was financially based.   I am so blessed that that was how God wanted me to get back home. I met some really interesting people, and had several opportunities to share about how the Lord is working and blessing my life.

I had some concerns about the trip home, mostly because I was allowing fear to control my thoughts.  Instead of trusting in God's plan and walking by faith and knowing that He is with me at all times. 
Thankfully, God showed me where I was headed with my thinking and as I prayed He gave me peace and reassurance. 

I arrived in Mt Pleasant a small town about 80 miles south of Cedar Rapids. This was the closest stop to Cedar Rapids. 

I thank God that Kathy was there to pick me up. I was exhausted and the thought of renting a car and driving home was not appealing.
Unfortunately, Kathy had to drive through a snowstorm to get me, but there she was! Sitting in the car, engine running....I was so excited to see her! 
Even better still, she had her grandson Ethan in the car. He is adorable and a perfect 'stand in' for my precious grandson Ben who lives in NY.

The drive home was full of catching up and laughter, it was such a blessing!
As we got closer to home, I was struck by how perfectly God's plan for my life has fallen into place as I walk by faith and allow Him to lead.

I am glad to be home....Cedar Rapids is home, at least for now. 
In a few weeks I will return to NY to visit family and friends...I will be returning to my first home.
Then in less than 3 months, Dondo Mozambique will be home, and how I long to return there and see the people who have become like family to me.

Home is where God places you and then blesses you with love, and a sense of belonging.
A sense of calm and peace.
It's good to be home....


No comments: