Feb 16, 2009

Taking a Sabbath

Sunday, I love Sundays.
I love singing songs of worship. I love hearing God's word explained by godly men.
I love that they are relaxed and slower days. Calm days with only one purpose, to allow for relaxation and restoration.

I didn't always love them. They used to be the day of the week when I would try to play 'catch up'. Get groceries for the week, catch up on the laundry, ironing, cleaning, plan meals for during the week. 
Rest would be somewhere in there and I would work hard to 'get a good attitude' as thoughts of Monday began to creep in.
 I would go to church to worship, but half the time my mind was thinking about ' as soon as church is done I have to....'

It's the truth, it's hard to actually talk about, but I thank God that He has already forgiven me for my bad attitude.

I say this because today was so unlike how I used to think and feel.
Today after a wonderful service, with great music and a powerful message referencing Plasm 95 about the 'engagement of worship' I was again reminded of how much my attitude has improved.

God has blessed me with an attitude of complete surrender to His will, His time frame, His plans, His 'to do list', not mine. Thank you God.

I pray that your Sundays will truly be a day of relaxation and restoration.

No comments: