Feb 8, 2009

My Travels

Hi friends, I pray that you will be patient with me as I begin to blog.
This has been on my heart to do since I was in Mozambique last summer. It seems like an efficient way to keep those of you who are interest in my life, up to date.

So let me give you a brief review. Most all of you know that the day after Thanksgiving I relocated to Cedar Rapids Iowa. I took my car with my clothes and drove across New York, Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana. That alone was quite a feat for me. Fortunately the kids had talked me into buying a GPS. I call her Ester, she goes everywhere with me:)
 I have been sharing housing and expenses with my friend Kathy. You know her as the lady who got malaria. She and I shared housing in Mozambique and became dear friends.  Little did we know that while living life in Dondo, we were being prepared to live life in Iowa  as well.  So as we have been living, learning and stretching these past few months God has shown Himself to be ever faithful.

In January we did a bit of traveling first to Texas for the annual CRI board and staff meeting, then we turned around and headed to Colorado Springs. This is where Mission Training International is located. We just completed 3 weeks of cross cultural studies. This included stuff like conflict management, communication skills, and the multiple differences  between cultures. It was an intense 3 weeks that had a huge impact, not only mentally and physically but spiritually.
I am still in Colorado Springs, I have another 2 weeks of Language Acquisition Studies. This means that the trainers are going to teach me 'how to learn' to speak Portuguese.  
We shall see....


No comments: