Feb 10, 2009

Our Father's unconditional love

The past few weeks have been an incredible mix of emotions, prayers, questions, thoughts, ideas, and ultimately of calm reassurance.  As I look back over the last several months I can see where God has been setting me up for this season of growth.

Most of you know that I have experienced many changes in my life, but none as profound as the changes that have occurred internally...... my heart is changed.  

During my training at SPLICE,  we were assigned into small groups. I was one of six ladies in my group. Although each one was younger than I ( Kellie only by 4 days!) they all brought a gifting and a wisdom to the group.  I will never forget the powerful impact that their words and prayers had on my life.  God so blessed me with their love and support. Most especially He used them to show me that His love is unconditional.  
Thanks to their wisdom, I now see my Father in heaven as a loving and forgiving God. One who expects (and already knows) that I will mess up, but still wants me to sit at His feet and hear His words of affirmation.

The Lord has shown me who He wants me to be in Him. He has allowed me to understand with my heart as well as my head that His word is true, that He is ever faithful, that He will never let me go, no matter how often I fail.

It's always neat the way the Lord will bring a particular bible verse into your life, at just the right time.  As I have been processing all that He has been showing me, He was busy using the ladies in my small group to help me understand His unconditional love. 
Jenni, one of the women in my small group gave me this verse....

Psalm 62: 5-7  'Let all that I am wait quietly before God for my hope is in Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone, He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me'.

I pray that each of you can wait quietly before God, and know that He is all you will ever need.

No comments: