Feb 16, 2009

Part of God's exact plan

Today has been one of those days you just don't want to see end!

As I wrap up my last week here at MTI, I was thinking it might be a rather lonely birthday.... okay so I can admit when I'm wrong....really wrong!

Actually, my Birthday celebration started yesterday as my friends from SPLICE arranged a surprise lunch after church at Famous Dave's...they have amazing barbeque! It was such a special thing for them to do for me. 

Little did I know what else they had planned....

From the moment I woke up to find my bedroom door strung with balloons and streamers, it has been simply the best!
Not a single person forgot to send me love and best wishes on my birthday.

My phone started ringing bright an early, text messages and emails came through out the day. I stopped checking during my break, there were too many! If I tried to read them all I would be late getting back to class!

Then my SPLICE sisters took me on a glorious road trip to Starbucks after lunch for some real  good coffee.  We got back just in time for class.

Just a quick trip to my room for my notebook....but no.... the guys had decided to 'WEB' my entire room!!!! there was string crisscrossing everywhere!!! What a riot!! I was feeling more like a college student than a grandmother!

Then at dinner, they come out with three large cheese cakes, everyone singing Happy Birthday!!! I was so touched by their many acts of love and friendship, I was thanking God and crying and blowing out candles, it wasn't a pretty site I'm sure.

Then we all sat around and sang praise and worship songs for over an hour! What better present could anyone ask for? I was in my glory! 
The only thing they couldn't do was arrange for family and friends to share in the love they were blessing me with.

Talk about a God filled day, and He had this day planned before any of us even existed.
Can you even fathom that? I can't.
God is so in love with us, He only asks that we acknowledge Him, and live our lives for Him.

Proverb 16: 9 We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps. 







No comments: